P-84C-1-RE -- FS-446 -- SN 47-1446
Photo: Republic Archives in Cradle of Aviation Museum via E. J. Boss
Notice more equipment under the aft canopy, and the round access port on the right side aft canopy. The tip tanks, which were first used on the B-model, have no fins and hold 185 gallons. They were made by Republic, and this size was used by the D-model. Some, if not all, of the E-models switched to 230 gallon tanks on both the wing tips and pylons, and these were continued through the G-model. E. J. Boss.